Gray’s Chiropractic Treatment for Lower Back Discomfort
Grays Chiropractic refers to the drug free and non-invasive method of treating disorders of the muscular-skeletal origin. The chiropractor uses certain maneuvers known as spinal manipulation to treat discomfort in the spinal region.
There are quite a few studies which point towards the effectiveness of chiropractic practices for treating lower back discomfort. It is also just as effective at treating lumbar discomfort and chronic neck discomfort. The treatment though becomes more effective when the initial spinal manipulation is followed through by a less intensive manipulation therapy.
Grays Chiropractic treatment for lower back discomfort
The chiropractic treatment for lower back discomfort involves the following
- Spinal and manual manipulation techniques. This kind of treatment involves high velocity short thrusts which are applied to the vertebrae. This kind of repeated movement allows the abnormality in the spine to decrease, improves blood circulation and help reduce the irritability in the nerves.
- This kind of manipulation is also known as spinal adjustment. Research has proved that using the above mentioned technique earlier on in the treatment of lower back discomfort can actually help get rid of the discomfort completely. So the earlier you start treatment, the better it is.
- Another technique which is used frequently by chiropractors includes mobilization. Unlike the above mentioned technique this one is low velocity and includes the stretching of the muscles and the joints. This in turn can improve the rage of motion in problem areas.
How do chiropractors decide on a treatment plan?
The treatment chosen by your chiropractor depends upon the following
- The kind of discomfort that you are experiencing
- The disability issues that you might have
- And any intolerance to certain activities
The basic aim of all chiropractors is to reduce the discomfort which the patient experiences. Besides manual manipulation, chiropractors also advise patients to adopt a healthier lifestyle and perform certain exercises which would help alleviate the discomfort.
Your first chiropractic appointment
At your first visit you might be asked the following questions
- The origin of the discomfort, when and how did it start?
- Where does it hurt?
- What does the discomfort feel like? Is it dull, sharp throbbing, intermittent etc.?
- Did the discomfort start due to an injury?
- Do any activities make the discomfort worse?
You can expect to undergo routine tests like checking for your blood pressure, weight and pulse, you might also be assessed for the following
- You might be asked to move your neck or back in certain positions to check for range of motions
- The tone and strength of your muscles
- An analysis of your posture and certain other tests
Once the above examination is completed, the chiropractor might suggest certain diagnostic tests like an X-ray, an MRI scan, certain lab tests.
Once the tests have been run, the chiropractor would make a diagnosis based on their findings. It is upon these very diagnostics that your treatment would be based. The actual treatment and duration could only be mentioned by the chiropractor.
Treatments would include spinal manipulation, massage therapy, hot and cold press treatment, educating patients on the ergonomics and nutritional changes.
At Gray’s chiropractic you can rest assured that your health is in safe hands. For more information make sure you call Grays Chiropractic in Mackay.